Environmental preservation is becoming even more important as our world grows. At Infiltrator Systems, technology complements nature's own processes for recycling wastewater. For twenty years we have applied science and technology to further the onsite industry’s goals of improved public health and better water quality. While we continue to make septic systems healthier, more reliable and longer-lasting, we are committed to manufacture products that also help to conserve our precious natural resources.
As one of the top six recycling companies in the country, we are uniquely positioned to procure, certify, accept and process large quantities of plastic scrap. Our use of recycled plastic materials goes directly into our products instead of a landfill. Everyday we purchase and process post-consumer and post-industrial plastics to manufacture our products, putting over 150 million pounds of recycled plastics to better, environmentally-friendly use every year.
In addition to our use of recycled plastics, we take better care of the environment by offering an alternative product to crushed stone. As the leading and original manufacturer of alternative septic systems, we have helped pioneer a more efficient way to use the inherent capacity of the soil to manage wastewater. The use of our chambers in septic drain fields replaces 3 million tons of mined aggregate annually. Because our products do not require the use of stone, the environmental impact and job site disruption that stone causes is avoided.
Infiltrator Systems is the largest source of private sector funding for advancement of onsite technology. Our ongoing efforts to fund university research have allowed for a better understanding of the long-term performance of wastewater systems. Studies show that Infiltrator leaching chambers provide a greater storage capacity than that of a comparable width stone trench.
Chamber systems have demonstrated a higher level of performance versus traditional methods in a smaller footprint area. Property owners get a better-performing, longer-lasting onsite wastewater treatment system, while helping to preserve the environment for future generations.
Working to Improve the Environment in Which We Live.
• We seek polyethylene and polypropylene materials (parts, purgings, regrind, pellets) from the following industries: automotive, beverage and bottling, food processing, grocery/bakery, and distribution centers.
• The post-consumer and post-industrial plastics we purchase are kept from going into a landfill.
• With our unique procurement procedure we visit dump sites to reclaim materials before they are land filled.
• Named by ENR Magazine as one of the Top 200 Environmental Firms in 2006 – ranked #48.
• Champion is the fifth largest user of post-industrial recycled plastic in the United States.
• Champion Polymer Recycling was honored as Recycler of the Year by the Carpet America Recovery Effort™ (CARE) in 2006.
• We participate in many recycling organizations and associations including the National Recycling Commission, Georgia Recycling Coalition, Carolina Recycling Association, Automotive Body Parts Association, and Automobile Recyclers Association.